Vremeplov (Time Machine)
Portal and Festival of animated memories of the City of Novi Sad
Vremeplovis a Festival of culture-historical and personal memories of Novi Sad, presented from different artistic and cultural aspects through the latest media forms, but with the introduction and use of the forgotten ones.
Innovative, interactive, hypnotic project Vremeplov includes citizens in the Festival that is based on a mix of different media and artistic disciplines: photography, video, audio, animation, cinemagraph*, collage, performance, games, architecture.
Description of programme and activities of Festival 1stVremeplov:
1. Open call for citizens to get involved and become part of the project Vremeplov.
2. QR codes posted throughout the City of Novi Sad. Short movies and cinemagraph’s about Novi Sad will be displayed on phones by scanning the codes, two weeks before the Festival.
3. The exhibition of moving images of the City of Novi Sad, the latest hypnotic media – cinemagraph and animated old photographs on large screens or projectors at Svilara – kulturna stanica(cultural station), whole day.
4. Showing educational JupiJEshort video forms about Novi Sad, Svilara – kulturna stanica, whole day.
5. Video and photo recording citizens in front of a special canvas (Chroma key), Svilara – kulturna stanica, two hours around noon.
6. Fun games for children (and adults who feel that way), Svilara – kulturna stanica, whole day.
7. Costume party, grand opening, Svilara – kulturna stanica, during evening and night.
8. The grand screening, city centre, Trg Slobode (Freedom Square), during evening and night, a day before the Festival, September 13, 2019 (optional, depending upon the conditions for the realization).
9. Cinemagraphs (animated photographs) would be set also on TV monitors in shops at Zmaj Jovina and Dunavska Street (optional, depending upon the conditions for the realization).
Festival Vremeplov will be held every year during mid-September in Novi Sad, on Saturdays. It will include the widest audience that is not involved in the cultural and artistic life of the city, but will become a part of artistic expression and a direct consumer of culture through Vremeplov.
CINEMAGRAPH IS THE LATEST HYPNOTIC MEDIA OF ART, the rise of artistic GIF.
Cinemagraph was created at the crossroad of photography, art and cinema. Cinemagraph combines photography and video to make unique and attractive visual experience. Cinemagraphs are still photographs in which a minor and repeated movement occurs, forming a video clip. They are published as animated GIFs or in other video formats and can give the illusion that the viewer is watching an animation. Cinemagraphs are created by taking a series of photographs or a video recording, and using image and video editing software, compositing the photographs or video frames into an infinite loop of sequential frames. This is done in such a way that motion in part of the subject between exposures is perceived as a repeating or continued motion, in contrast with the stillness of the rest of the image. Cinemagraphs are used for large advertising campaigns, but go very well both on social networks and as a new art. The term “cinemagraph“ was coined by U.S. photographers Kevin Burg and Jamie Beck in early 2011. They used this technique to add more artistic elements to their fashion photographs.